The Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA) will award one outstanding truck driver the Top Rookie of the Year, and this year one of the finalists is a Roadmaster graduate! The award is meant to recognize an extraordinary truck driver who has been on the roads for less than a year. This award isn’t just a reflection of the driver, but the skills and knowledge they were taught through truck driving school.
Mario Cardenas, who currently works with TMC Transportation, is one of this year’s top ten finalists for the award! Mario graduated from Roadmaster Driver’s School and has made a positive name for himself with his carrier company already!
CVTA made this announcement earlier this week:
“Please join us in congratulating the 10 finalists for the Trucking’s “Top Rookie of the Year” award. After an expert panel of judges sifted through countless submissions for the Trucking’s “Top Rookie of the Year” award, 10 finalists have been named. Named in honor of the late CVTA Executive Director Mike O’Connell, this award recognizes the best truck driver who has been on the job for less than a year.
“The winner will be announced next month at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas. CVTA would like to congratulate all the nominees on their hard work, grit and determination, as well as wish them all luck on this coveted award.”
Besides it being a great honor, the award also comes with a handful of exciting prizes. The Top Rookie of the Year winner will receive:
- $10,000 cash
- $1,000 cash and 100,000 Pilot Flying J MyReward points
- A custom plaque from Award Company of America
- Interview on Red Eye Radio Network with Eric Harley
- A feature in Truckers News
- $1,000 worth of DAS Products merchandise featuring the RoadPro Getting Started Living On-The-Go Package
- American Trucking Associations “Good Stuff Trucks Bring It” package, which includes a logoed polo shirt, baseball cap, model truck and utility knife
- A dash camera from COBRA Electronics
- A GPS unit and a Motor Carrier Road Atlas from Rand McNally
Way to go, Mario! We’re proud of you!
*wage information provided by Werner Enterprises