Career Choice is a benefit provided by Amazon to qualified Associates. The program is designed to expand on the employment opportunities available to Associates by providing them with the resources and job skills for the most in-demand and well-paying jobs, whether that’s at Amazon or in another industry. The transportation industry – especially truck driving – is an in-demand field with great opportunities for those with a CDL!
Amazon Career Choice CDL Program
Career Choice is a benefit provided by Amazon to qualified associates. The program is designed to expand on the employment opportunities available to associates by providing them with the resources and job skills for the most in-demand and well-paying jobs, whether that’s at Amazon or in another industry.
The transportation industry, especially truck driving, is an in-demand field with great opportunities for those with a CDL! Explore the features of the Amazon Career Choice Program and the benefits of using this program to cover your tuition at Roadmaster Drivers School.
How the Amazon Career Choice Program Works
If you wish to pursue a truck driving or other in-demand career, then you can receive full or partial tuition assistance through this unique program. As long as your program is covered under their in-demand careers like truck drivers are, then your program may qualify.
Most programs covered by Amazon Career Choice are two-year associate’s degrees or vocational certifications. Besides transportation, other common industries include computer science, electrical and mechanical trades, construction, information technology, and healthcare.
Amazon Career Choice Benefits
The specific benefits depend on program eligibility. Roadmaster Drivers School is a covered program, so you can qualify for up to 100-percent tuition coverage for you to train to receive your CDL. For other programs, you may receive partial assistance for tuition, books, and fees.
How To Become Eligible for the Program
In order to apply for tuition coverage through this program, you must first be hired as an Amazon hourly employee. You must also be employed for at least 90 days. The specific programs covered by this program vary, so you may need to apply or wait for approval if you’re applying to a program that isn’t part of the approved partner network.
While this program isn’t currently available for salaried Amazon employees, you won’t be dismissed from the program if you’re promoted during your Career Choice Program studies. Instead, you can still continue to receive tuition assistance for your program until you complete it.
CDL Training at Roadmaster
Roadmaster’s Class A CDL Training Program provides students with the necessary skills to obtain a Class A CDL and become eligible for high-paying truck driving jobs.
As a Roadmaster student, your training will include:
- Hands-on time driving a truck at our practice facility and on the road in real-world conditions
- Pre-Trip Inspection Training to pass the necessary test.
- Map reading, trip planning, and compliance with Department of Transportation laws
- Backing, turning, and hooking/unhooking an industry-standard 53ft trailer
Job Placement Assistance
Roadmaster’s Job Placement Assistance team works with students and teaches them essential skills when applying for trucking jobs. Trainees can select from a variety of major trucking carriers to find a job that best fits their lifestyle and preferred benefits.
Truck Driving Career Benefits
You’re considering entering a growing profession with some incredible benefits:
- Great Pay– Truck Driving jobs have great starting pay.
- Job Security – Truck driver jobs can’t be outsourced.
- Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance – Medical and dental insurance are common perks in the truck driving industry.
- 401k Retirement Plan & Life Insurance
- Life Insurance– Enjoy competitive options for life insurance depending on your carrier of choice!
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time– Professional truck drivers need vacation time to unwind from work and sick time to recover from illnesses.
- Changing Scenery– See the country while getting paid!
- Take Your Pet with You!– Certain carriers allow truck drivers to bring their pets as travel buddies.
How much is Roadmaster’s tuition?
Amazon Career Choice pays for 100% of the Roadmaster tuition. Associates are only responsible for their out-of-pocket expenses which include a DOT drug screen and physical, background check, and CDL licensing and test fees. These fees vary by state.
Ready to get started?
- Login to the Career Choice site and apply for a voucher to Roadmaster Drivers School;
- Contact your local HR staff if you need help;
- Print and sign your Voucher and schedule an interview with an Admissions Advisor at the closest Roadmaster location.
- Your Admissions Advisor will be able to answer all of your questions, guide you through the enrollment process and schedule you for an upcoming class.