Melton Truck Lines
As one of the largest and most experienced flatbed carriers in North America, Melton Truck Lines has been running for 70 years with a reputation of excellence and stability in the trucking industry. At the heart of their success lies a driver-focused culture, emphasizing safety, professionalism, and a sense of family. Melton Truck Lines takes pride in fostering an environment where drivers not only thrive but also contribute to the company’s enduring legacy.
Experience the road with a company that values your skills, prioritizes your well-being, and celebrates the camaraderie that comes with being part of their extended family. Your OTR journey begins here!
Job Information & Requirements
OTR Drivers are out a minimum of 2-3 weeks at a time, depending on home domicile. Check out their Flatbed Driving Jobs page for more information about our driving positions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL from the state you reside in
- No BACs, DUIs, or DWIs in the last 5 years
- Must meet all applicable DOT Regulations: DOT physical & NIDA approved drug screen
- Must pass an integrity interview and meet Melton’s work attendance and availability requirements.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Free on-site health clinics and dental exams
- 401(k) retirement program
- On-site gym, workout facilities, and personal trainer
- Dedicated driver services team
- 24/7 safety helpline
- Telemedicine- professional medical assistance from anywhere
- Flexible OTR Hometime – Bank unlimited days!
- Pet Program – 90 lbs or less dog or cat
- Rider Program – 18+ years old year-round, 10+ years old during summer months
Melton’s comprehensive flatbed training course covers safety standards, tarping best practices, hands-on load securement training, and more.
To learn more about Melton’s flatbed training, check out their Pre-Hire Evaluation page.
Melton Truck Lines has some of the newest equipment in the industry. The average age of their tractors is 1.7 years old! Trucks are assigned to individual drivers, which means the truck stays with YOU even on home time.
For information about our truck features, check out their Equipment page.
Melton honors military veterans and transitioning service members by offering VA apprenticeships, veteran resources, and so much more. Veterans with military driving experience could qualify for an additional 6 cpm in starting pay!
Check out their Military page for more information.
Pay & Bonuses
Melton Truck Lines has a proven track record as an industry leader in pay. With multiple career path options, extra pay for tarping, fuel bonuses, per diem plans, and more – there are numerous ways for drivers to earn additional cash on top of base pay.
Check out their Pay page for more information.