Career ServicesLifetime Placement Assistance for Roadmaster graduates
Career Services at Roadmaster is a resource given to trainees to help them find and apply for jobs, for the length of their career, at no additional charge. With the help of our friendly industry experts, trainees learn the process of submitting an application to a carrier. Our Placement Associates guide students through job applications and see that trainees earning their CDL are given a choice of top-name carriers to apply to.
Applying For Your First Truck Driving Job
- Admissions Advisors work with students to begin the screening and hiring process prior to enrollment
- During the first few days of school, Placement Associates work with trainees to choose which company roles best fit their preferred lifestyle.
- Next, we review applications with trainees and submit to potential employers on their behalf
- Placement staff follows up with potential employers and notifies the student of pre-hire letters
- Carriers respond quickly and representatives visit the school to speak with trainees as training continue
Representatives from top-name carriers make frequent visits to Roadmaster facilities, typically with at least one rep from a core carrier visiting each week. This way, trainees can learn more about carriers and can interact with other industry professionals and ask important career questions.
From the carrier standpoint, representatives can come check out potential future talent and sell their best pitch. There is a big demand for Class A CDL trained truck drivers, and carriers compete with each other and provide interested drivers incentives and great benefits.
What is a Pre-Hire Letter?
A pre-hire letter states that you meet the company’s hiring requirements and that they are interested in employing you as a driver. Instead of worrying about job placement, you can sign on with a top carrier in your first week of classes!
Regardless of whether you decide to take the job, you could have an actual job offer (pre-hire letter) in your hand to compare with other offers.