Truck Driving Schools in Nebraska
Create your own career opportunities by enrolling in truck driving school in Nebraska to earn a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Truck Driving School in Nebraska
Create your own career opportunities by enrolling in truck driving school in Nebraska to earn a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Roadmaster Drivers School allows you to get behind the wheel of a tractor-trailer and learn the skills needed to start a truck driving career. Find out what a CDL school in Nebraska has to offer you.
How to Get a CDL in Nebraska
Before becoming a truck driver, you need to earn a Class A CDL in Nebraska. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) regulates the application and exam process of earning a CDL in your state. If you wish to drive a tractor-trailer over 26,000 pounds, then you need a Class A CDL.
Interested in earning a CDL license? Here are the basic requirements to earn this license in your state:
- Be at least 21 years old to travel across state lines
- Prove U.S. citizenship or lawful status
- Hold a valid Nebraska driver’s license
- Receive a Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) at least 14 days before your CDL exam
- Pass knowledge and skills tests & receive required training
- Complete medical certification
The required training, knowledge, and skill tests include pre-trip inspections, a written test, a basic controls test, and a road test. You’ll need to study for these tests and get behind the wheel of a tractor-trailer to confidently pass the driving portion of this important exam.
A highly rated truck driver school in Nebraska offers the classroom and hands-on experience you need to jump-start your career. Navigate the basics and advanced techniques with the trained team at Roadmaster Drivers School.
Roadmaster Truck Driving School in Nebraska
We offer Roadmaster truck driving school in Nebraska at our convenient Omaha location:
Roadmaster Drivers School of Omaha, NE
10008 Sapp Bros Drive
Omaha, NE 68138
Local: (402) 932-0000
Toll-Free: (800) 831-1300
Exit Interstate 80 to find this southwest Omaha location for CDL training in Nebraska. Just off the interstate and U.S. Route 50, our truck driving school gives you access to regional and national routes. Omaha is at the heart of the United States, so you can help carriers deliver freight from coast to coast.
Between your routes, relax at the Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, Joslyn Art Museum, or Chalco Hills Recreation Area. These iconic locations are just a few reasons why Omaha is a great place to live, work, and study.
Your local driving school in Nebraska is part of the Commercial Vehicle Training Association and the Truckload Carriers Association. It also offers Amazon Career Choice program benefits for qualifying Amazon employees.
Start Your New Career with CDL Classes in Nebraska
Apply to Roadmaster Drivers School to find out how CDL classes in Nebraska can lead to a career as a truck driver. Our state-of-the-art facility and expert instruction combine to offer the following CDL training features:
- Real-world truck driver training: Practice essential skills by getting behind the wheel of an automatic-shifting tractor-trailer.
- Trip planning: Learn how to read a map and plan the best route to deliver your freight in time.
- Logbook training: Discover how to fill out a logbook and comply with other Department of Transportation and carrier requirements.
- Advanced techniques: You may face unusual situations while driving commercially. Be prepared for unexpected situations with these techniques.
- Trailer maneuvering: Practice hooking, unhooking, backing, and turning a 53-foot trailer with a modern truck. Our training school gives you real-world experience performing these tasks at our practice facility and out on the open road.
Start your journey to a CDL license in Nebraska by asking about our financial assistance for those who qualify. From there, learn from our seasoned instructional personnel and connect with career services to prepare for an exciting career. Many of our students connect with carriers hiring in Nebraska before graduating.
Our training school takes about a month to complete on average. This month prepares you not only for the exam but also for your daily activities as a commercial truck driver. Understand the basic techniques you need to drive a tractor-trailer around Omaha, the Midwest, or the entire country.
Apply to Roadmaster Drivers School Today
Now that you know how to get a CDL in Nebraska, it’s time to apply. Fill out the form below to request more information and apply for Roadmaster Drivers School. Enroll in truck driving school in Nebraska to earn your Class A CDL.