Truck Driving School in Jackson, MS
Discover how Roadmaster truck driving school in Jackson can help you earn a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and start your career as a truck driver. Whether you’re looking for local, regional, or over-the-road routes, earning a Class A CDL in Jackson is your first step to training for your career dreams. See what Roadmaster Drivers School can do to help you prepare for this exam and find a carrier hiring in your area.
How to Get a CDL in Jackson, MS
The Mississippi Department of Public Safety Motor Carrier Division works with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to license commercial drivers in the state. If you wish to earn your CDL license in Jackson, then you must meet these requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age for interstate travel
- Hold a current, valid driver’s license in Mississippi
- Complete a medical certification exam
- Pass a background check
- Obtain a Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP)
- Take the CDL exam, including a pre-trip inspection, driving test, and knowledge test
Roadmaster truck driver school in Jackson prepares you to earn a Class A CDL. This class category of license allows you to legally drive a commercial vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 26,001 or more pounds. Other Class Categories of licenses include Class B, Class C, and Class D, which allow you to drive smaller commercial vehicles.
Roadmaster Truck Driving School in Jackson
Navigate to your new career with the help of our truck driving school in Jackson. At Roadmaster Drivers School, you’ll meet some of the best truck driver trainers in Mississippi. We’re committed to giving you the knowledge and hands-on training to get behind the wheel of a tractor-trailer and advance in the trucking industry.
Here are some key features you can expect from our CDL training in Jackson, MS:
- Practical truck driver training: This includes time behind the wheel at our practice facility and on the road in real driving conditions.
- Automatic transmission trucks: We use modern tractor-trailers with automatic transmissions for training purposes. You won’t have to learn how to drive a manual-shifting vehicle to become a commercial truck driver.
- Backing, turning, hooking, and unhooking: You need to know these critical skills to work with many carriers operating in Mississippi and throughout the nation. We take you through tasks in safe, controlled situations until you’re comfortable performing them in real-world conditions.
- Advanced driving techniques: From truck recovery to skid avoidance, know how to handle your tractor-trailer in unique situations with industry best practices.
- Emergency responses: We’ll teach you to drive safely in any road conditions. Learn how to navigate unexpected hydroplaning, breakaway trailers, and other emergency situations for peace of mind as you drive.
- Map reading and trip planning: Follow Department of Transportation regulations on logging and planning your trips. Find out how to read maps and plan routes that allow your truck to travel safely and efficiently.
The goal of our truck driver school is to help you earn a CDL and get hired as a truck driver. Our career services team helps you compare roles and carriers hiring in our area. Many students even find a job before they complete their CDL training and graduate from our school.
Don’t let financing prevent you from training to launch your new career. We offer financial assistance to qualifying students. You can also reach out to trucking companies to learn about tuition reimbursement opportunities.
Find Our Truck Driver School in Jackson, MS
Visit our location in west Jackson, MS, to find out more about our program. Our facility is located near U.S. Route 80, Interstate 20, and Interstate 220 at the following address:
Roadmaster Drivers School of Jackson, MS
1500 W Highland Dr
Jackson, MS 39204
Local: (601) 203-7829
Toll-Free: (800) 831-1300
Take CDL classes in Jackson for a convenient commute. Our facility is located near the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum, Jackson Zoo, and other museums and outdoor attractions. Your state’s capital is connected with Interstate 20 and Interstate 55 to popular regional and cross-country routes, making it an ideal place to work for national carriers. Whether you already live in Jackson or are considering a new location to start your CDL training, this thriving city is a great place to call home.
Our driver training facility in Jackson is part of the Amazon Career Choice program to assist Amazon employees in gaining valuable skills. It’s also part of the Truckload Carriers Association and the Commercial Vehicle Training Association.
Fill Out the Application Form Today
Take the first step in achieving your career goals. Find out how to get a CDL in Jackson and prepare to earn your Class A CDL license. See how Roadmaster truck driving school in Jackson compares by filling out the application form below or reaching out to one of our customer service representatives.