After completing a truck driver training courses, you will test for your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Those who pass the exam typically move on to apply to jobs. However, at Roadmaster, students work with our job placement department from day one. It’s very likely that a qualified student will get pre-hired while still in training!
- Job Placement Assistance – Roadmaster’s Career Services teaches you how to fill out carrier applications and lets you choose from top-name carriers apply to. You’re free to apply to those carriers that fit the lifestyle you would like to live. After Roadmaster’s CDL training, you’re in control of your future!
- Pre-hire – Carriers may respond to applications with offers even while trainees are still in school. You could very well sign on with a top-name trucking company in your first week of CDL training at Roadmaster! Pre-hiring is a way for carriers to ensure their partnerships with great drivers, and pre-hired drivers can finish classes with the next stage of their journey already planned out!
Post Graduation Training
After graduating from Roadmaster and obtaining your Class A CDL, you will train on-site with your chosen carrier. While each trucking carrier is different, new drivers attending on-site training can expect things like
- A few hundred hours behind the wheel with a certified company trainer
- Training salary beginning on the first day of orientation
- Advanced trucking techniques and in-depth know-how
- Details about carrier trucking fleet and the individual truck trainee will drive
This final stage of training prepares Class A CDL drivers for a successful career with their carrier and beyond. Once it is completed, the trainee becomes the Professional Truck Driver and can look at options for solo and team driving.
Roadmaster Graduate’s Facebook Group
Stay in touch with friends on the road through our dedicated Graduate’s Page on Facebook! The page helps graduates stay connected with each other and learn from other experienced CDL professionals who went through Roadmaster training, just like you!
Learning from drivers who have been part of the Professional Trucking Industry for a while is a way to better understand your career and the places you can take it to next.
The Graduate’s Page also posts interesting articles on trucking as well as funny memes and videos for truckers. Come to socialize, learn, or just have fun with other professional truck drivers!